Beholders go live on our Reverb Store 4/27/18 at 2PM EST!
This is the slow-moving sound of massive, mangled spaces. The Beholder is a fuzzed-out, droning reverb pedal inspired by experiments with modifying other reverb pedals and running signal chains in the "wrong" order. Conventional pedalboard wisdom mandates that reverb be placed after distortion/fuzz/overdrive, but the Beholder does exactly the opposite. Instead, a mostly wet reverb circuit goes into a dark, high-gain fuzz circuit. The combination is greater than the sum of its parts: the sustain and harmonics become an instrument of their own.
- Level - master volume of the pedal
- Fuzz - sets the gain of the fuzz circuit
- Filter - morph from dark low pass to bright high pass
- Dwell - drives the input of the reverb circuit
- Feedback - routes the reverb back into itself to increase sustain or achieve self-oscillation
- Drone Footswitch - increases the feedback loop gain for greater sustain or chaotic noise, ramp adjustable via internal trimpot
- Dry Mix (trimpot) - blends in some dry input signal "around" the reverberation circuit, to preserve pick attack going into the fuzz
This pedal comes in a powder-coated 1590BB sized enclosure.
Additional features include true bypass switching, a standard center-negative power supply (accepts 9V DC), and top-mounted jacks.
All Beholders come with the standard limited warranty.